1 ball mozzarella, chopped into cubes
1 medium onion
1 jar pizza sauce
1 pack thin sliced pepperoni
oil for deep frying
3 tbspn dried oregano
100 grams parmesan
100 grams panko breadcrumbs
2 tspn paprika
2 tspn dried oregano
2 tbspn flour
- Cut the onions into 2 centimeter slice. Carefully seperate the layers into individuals rings.
- Use a tray lined the baking paper, lay out the onion rings and place a slife of pepperoni in the center, pushing the pepperoni slice down to get the shape of the onion and make a bowl.
- Layer in tbspn of pizza sauce, some permesan, sprikle of oregano, and mozzarella.
- Put the tray in freezer until it solid (2 hours)
- Add some flour, beaten eggs, and panko breadcrumbs to 3 seperate bowls. Strik the paprika and oregano into the flour.
- Remove the frozen pizza ring from freezer.
- Roll it first in seasoned flour, then egg, breadcrumbs.
- In a large pan, heat the oil 180˚C/350°F.
- Fry the pizza onion rings in batch until nicely golden browned on all sides, for about 3 minutes.
- Place a paper towel lined plate to drain any excess oil. Sprinkle it with more dried oregano.