Metro Manila (Balita ngayon) —tuesday (September 20, 2016) Communication secretary Martin Andanar confirmed that malacañang has received reports of a coup plot against President Rodrigo Duterte.
according to a press briefing,Andanar said,”credible sources in the united states” giving them a information.
Andanar said in a radio Interview monday, a cabinet member who is currently base in new york has heard of a plan to oust president Duterte by January 2017.
Comm, Secretary Andanar said malacañang will seriusly investigating this reported coup plot,but he refused to reveal names.He said they still need confirmation for some names they received.
“I know and we know who they are, we still studying it. The warning is just be careful in what you plan it is because against the law,”Andanar said
Andanar Added that ” his plans are being hatched.” without naming anyone.
Andanar also said “Whatever they’re planning,just think twice because it is not lawful when you bring down a government,”
“And rest assured that we will protect our president”.
He deflected further quetions about the motive ouster plan and the names he said they are under investigating.
Last week Sen. Allan peter Cayetano insinuated that the former chaired senate committee on justice Sen. Leila De lima’s probe on extraJudicial killings [EJK] could a possibly part of the LP’s “plan B” to ouster the president.
President Duterte also hinted that LP’s is planning to remove him from office.
Vice president leni Robredo said she was offended by cayetano’s allegations,leni robredo is also a part of liberal party.
“liberal party has no plan to bring down the president” she reiterated