This is not ordinary breakfast burger. A fried egg topped on cheese burger used to be something crazy. I remember im shoced when my friend’s dad ordered 1 for dinner 5 years ago. Now it is common brunch staple. This egg in a hole burger is a different story.
1 lb ground chuck
8 strips of bacon
3 tablespoon of mayo
1 tablespoon sriracha
4 slices of cheddar cheese
Lettuce, for Serving
2 tablespoon of butter
4 Hamburger buns
- Make the Sriracha mayo, in small bowl stir together sriracha and mayonaise.
- In a large skiller, fry the bacon over a medium high heat until crispy. for about 8mins. Transfer it to a paper towel lined plate.
- Form the beef into a 3 equal sized patties. Use a small glass, cut out the center of each patty to create a donut shaped patty. combine the excess meat to form the 4th patty. Season it generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat the cast iron skillet to a medium high heat and melt the butter. Add the burgers and cook it for about 2 mins, then flip. Crack the egg into the center of each burgers and cook, covered, until the white of the egg are set.
- Toast the buns and spread some Sriracha mayo on the bottom of buns. Build the burgers by topping it with burger, bacon, cheddar, and lettuce.