Some desserts are really trying to sell themselves in their delicousness, there is Slutty Brownies, Knock You Naked Brownies, Better Than Sex Cake, Death by Chocolate and even our own Oreogasm series. But when it comes to chocolate treats, gooey, Mississippi Mud pie is seems to be the exact opposite. It is like its trying to deter people, like “Sorry, folks dont save room for me, because i like something your 5 year old made on a rainy day.”
And that is what makes it fiendishly great.
1 (5.3oz) container plain greek yogurt
1 box devils food cake mix
1 (3.9oz) package chocolate pudding
1 stick butter, must be melted
1/2 c water
1 c heavy cream
1/2 c powdered sugar
1 (12oz) bag semisweet chocolate chip
ButterCream MarshMallow Frosting
1 tablespoon milk
1/2 c chopped pecans
1 (7oz) container marshmallow fluff
2 sticks of butter, softened
- Preheat oven 350 defrees F.
- Make your Ganache Filling > Heath the heavy cream until it starts to simmer. As soon as the bubbles form, remove it from the heat and pour it in the medium sized mixing bowl. Add the chocolate chips and whisk it until combined. Place it in the refrigerator to cool for about 1 hour. Once it cooled, beat in the powder sugar until you have thick frosting.
- Make your CupCakes > Ingredients in the large mixing bowl. Use a electic mixer to slowly mix the ingredients until it’s combined and all the lump of the cake mix have been broken up. This batter should be thicker than your typical cake mixed, it is more like the consistency of butter cream frosting. Bake it until a tootpick inserted into the center of the cupcake come out iwth just few crumbs, at least 20-22 mins. Let it rest to cool.
- Make your MarshMallow ButterCream Frosting > Beat the butter and fluff on low intil it’s creamy. Shift into electric mixer to low and add the milk and powder sugar. Beat until it’s smooth.
- Assemble your CupCakes > Cut a hole in the center of each cupcakes, about 1/2 deep. Fill each hole with some ganache. Top the cupcakes with marshmallow buttercream.
- Microwave the remaining ganache filling for about 20 seconds and whisk it to create a chocolate fudge sauce. Drizzle the sauce on top of the cupcakes. Garnish it with crumbled pecans and served.