- 1 (8-oz.) package fresh lump crabmeat, drained
- 3 whole grain white bread slices
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Garlic-Chive sauce
- Garnish: lemon slices
- Salt to taste
How to prepare
- Pick crabmeat, removing any bits of shell.
- Pulse bread slices in a blender or food processor 5 times or until finely crumbled. (Yield should be about 1 1/2 cups.)
- Stir together mayonnaise and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Gently stir in breadcrumbs and crabmeat. Shape mixture into 16 (2-inch) cakes (about 2 Tbsp. each).
- Cook cakes, in batches, on a hot, large griddle or nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-low heat 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Season with salt to taste. (Keep cakes warm in a 200° oven for up to 30 minutes)
- Serve with Garlic-Chive Sauce.