- Mutton trotters 4
- Skull with brain 1
- Ghee 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Vinegar ¼ cup
- Whole red chilies 17
- Dry coriander 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder ½ tsp
- Garlic 2 pods
- Onion 4 medium (sliced)
- Yogurt 1 cup
- Garam masala powder 2 tsp
- Water as required
- Green chili 2-4 (sliced)
- Green coriander ½ bunch
- Ginger 2 tbsp (chopped)
How to prepare “Special Siri Paye (Mutton Trotters)”.
- Separate the brain from the skull.
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry onion until golden brown. Remove onion.
- Blend together onion, salt, dry coriander, whole red chilies, turmeric and 1 pod garlic cloves.
- Soak remaining 1 pod garlic cloves and little salt in 1 cup water.
- Stir fry garam masala powder in ghee, when it gets dark color and separate from oil.
- Add skull with brain, trotters and vinegar. Stir fry it.
- After 5 minutes, take out garlic cloves and pour water in cooking pan.
- Add yogurt and stir until oil comes on top.
- Now add sufficient amount of water that tenders the trotters. Cover and cook on slow heat until tender.
- Dish out garnish with green chili, green coriander and ginger; serve hot.