Tinuy-an Falls is a multi tiered water fall in Bislig Surigao del Sur in southern island of Mindanao Philippines. Bislig is known as the Booming City by the bay. The falls itself is been featured in various international Travel Magazine and TV shows.
This falls is one of the most visited tourist spot in Surigao del Sir. It’s located at Brgy. Borbonan Bislig City, the waterfalls spans at 95 metres wide with 55 metres plunge from it’s 3 cascading falls. The water that cascades and drapes through the 3 waterfalls features a curtian of white froth that makes the Tinuy-an Falls more worth of long travel. Aside from this, the whole area is teeming with tall trees and lush vegetation that makes the waterfalls more appealing.
Going to Tinuy-an Falls is not easy. It takes 45minutes habal habal a single motorcycle ride from Bislig City to get to this beautiful waterfalls. It is a but numbing ride through dusty roads and uphill roads, but it is all worth it when you reach the falls.
The unmatched natural splendor of Tinuy-an Falls kept me at awe for such a long time, seeing how grand the waterfalls is. It made me forget the long ride in habl habal just to get here. Tinu-an Falls is really amazing! It is the widest falls i ever been to.
According to the locals, there’s a rainbow appears here between 9:00 am – 11:00 am. We are lucky to see the rainbow at one side of the falls which is a result of the reflection of the sunlight throught the mist.
If you want to get closer to the falls, you can ride a bamboo raft which allow more daring tourist to go right under the falls.
The upper part of the waterfalls should not be missed. After taking some photos and appreciating marvelous cascades of the main falls, we went up to the upper part through a step trail to reach the upper tier of the waterfals. The upper part is equally amazing! It is also wide with a shorter plunge.
The view of Tinuy-an Falls is really beautiful and amazing! The loud sound and the refreshing mist of the water falls is so relaxing. Let us be grateful for this wonderful creation.
Tips and Basic Info
• Go there as early as possible to have plenty of time to explore.
• The Entrance Fee is 50 pesos each person, childrens are free.
• There are some cottages and stores but not major developments in the area, so dont expect a resort amenities here.
• Picnic tables are on a first come first serve.
• Dont go on holidays or on weekends, to avoid the many tourist.
• If you want to explore the upper part of the falls, you can get a guide or just explore it by yourself.
• Be sure to ask the habal habal driver to wait for you so you can have a transporation back to Bislig City.