- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 17 1/2 – ounce package oatmeal cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 16 – ounce package frozen unsweetened pitted tart red cherries, thawed and drained
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 recipe Powdered Sugar Icing
How to prepare to “ Cherry Crumb Bars”.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over edges of pan. Lightly coat foil with cooking spray; set pan aside.
- Place cookie mix in a large bowl. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Remove 1 cup of the mixture for topping. Stir egg, vanilla, and almond extract into the remaining crumb mixture until combined.
- Press mixture evenly onto the bottom of the prepared baking pan. In a medium bowl stir together cherries and sugar; spoon evenly over mixture in pan.
- Sprinkle with the reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake about 45 minutes or until topping is golden. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Drizzle with Powdered Sugar Icing. Let stand until icing is set.
- Using the edges of the foil, lift uncut bars out of pan. Cut into bars.