I was shocked by how easy chicken marsala really is. All it consists of is a sauce of Marsala Wine, a delicous cooking wine from sicily that is actually not as sickly sweet as i thought.
2 tablespoon of butter
3/4 c marsala wine
Cooked angel hair for serving
8 oz baby bella or cremini mushrooms sliced
3/4 c low sodium chicken mouth
1 c all purpose flour
2 tablespoon Fresh chopped parsley
2 gloves of garlic minced
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Fresh ground black pepper
1/3 c heavy cream
- Season flour with salt and pepper and drege the chicken in flour.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tbspn of butter and olive oil. Add chicken and cook until golden on both sides for about 5 minutes each side.
- Make the marsala sauce, Melt the remaining butter in skiller and add the mushrooms. Cook it until the mushrooms are golden and liquid has been released, 6-8 minutes. Add the garlic and stir until fragrant, then season it with salt.
- Add the marsala, heavy cream, parsley, and chicken broth and let it to simmer.
- Return the chicken to skillet and sppon saice over the breats.
- Simmer it until the chicken is cooked through, for at least 10 minutes.
- Server over angel hair.