• 1 1/4 c long grain white rice
• 3 green onions sliced
• 1 can 15 oz tomato sauce
• 2 large chicken breasts cut into 1 pieces
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• kosher salt
• 2 c chicken stock
• 1 tsp cajun seasoning
• 2 cloves of garlic minced
• 1 medium onion chopped
• Fresh ground black pepper
• 2 andouille sausage cut into 1 pieces
• 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
• 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- Pre heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heath the olive oil in a large oven proof-skillet over a medium heat. Add the onions and bell pepper sauté until it is soften. Add the sausage cook until browned all over. Stir in the garlic cook until its fragrant, atleast 30 seconds. Add the Cajun Seasoning and the Chicken. Season everthing with salt and pepper. Cook , stirring often until the chicken cooked through.
- Stir in the rice then pour the tomato sauce and chicken broth. Stir in the cheddar, bring mixture to the simmer then transfer on the oven bake for at least 35-45 minutes until the rick is cooked through.
- Let it cool slightly in the pan before serving, for at least 5-10 minutes. Garnish it with some green onions and server warm.