Short Bread Layer
• 1 c sugar
• 2 c all purpose flour
• 2 sticks of butter softened to room temperature
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 6 tbsp heavy cream
• 60 kraft caramels
• 2 tsp vegetable oil
• 3 c semi sweet chocolate chips
- Pre Heat the oven to 300 degress F. Line the pan with parchment paper and spray some cooking spray. 2, Make short bread layer, blend softened butter with sugar until it is fluffy and light. Add the vanilla, blend it for at least 30 seconds. Add 2 cups of flour and blend until breadcrumbs texture forms.
- Press mixture in a prepared pan and prick all over with fork.
- Bake it until lightly golden, about 35-40 minutes. Let it rest to cool.
- Make the Caramel Layer, in a small saucepan over a lowheat, add the caramels and melt it down until its creamy, stir it occasionally, at least 10minutes. Stir in the heavy cream and let it thicken, stir occasionally to make sure the mixture will not burn, about 15 minutes. Pour over cooled the shortbread cust. Make the Chocolate Layer, in a heat proof bowl over sauce pan of gently simmering water, melt the chocolate. If the mixture is thick add some vegetable oil and stir it until its completely combined. Pour over the caramel layer.
- Refrigirate it for about 20 minutes until its frim. then slice it into bars.