Advertisements
News Sticker

Balita Ngayon| Resorts World Manila CEO admitted security lapses during deadly attack

Balita Ngayon| Resorts World Manila has admitted security lapses led to last week’s deadly attack at the casino hotel. Resorts World Manila Chief Operating Officer Stephen James Reilly testified before the Philippine House of Representative on June 7.

Reilly said, “I pointed out there should have been security personnel posted on certain points and they were not present. We admit openly there were some lapses in security.”

rw-masters-press-pic2

A gunman named entered the Resorts World Manila casino on June 31, firing shots and torching gambling tables. Thirty-seven people who were trapped inside died of smoke inhalation. Carlos then entered a hotel room and committed suicide, setting himself on fire and shooting himself. Nimfa Lanting, the general manager of the resort’s security agency, told the panel only one security guard was in duty at the entrance at the time.

   

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: